Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa
Hither Green Lane, Dagnell End Road
The Abbey Hotel Golf & Country Club is situated in a 175 acre estate, of land that belonged to the now ruined abbey. With superb modern architecture the Abbey Hotel is a great place to stay or visit. Top quality service from friendly competent staff combines with a relaxed atmosphere to make the Abbey Hotel the best independent hotel in North Worcestershire. The Abbey has 100 en-suite rooms. All rooms have direct dial telephone, TV with satellite channels, trouser press, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities, comfortable chairs and beds, full length mirrors and complimentary toiletries. The Bramblings Restaurant, with panoramic views across the golf course, provides a beautiful setting in which to enjoy a wide variety of international cuisine and wines. -
- Location of the hotel is very convenience to visit Birmingham or City of Stratford. Food was very delicious specially in the restaurant downstairs - had a steak with potatoes. Fitness center was also legit, including visit to the spa.
- Overall, it was a nice stay but I feel the refurbishment has taken over the finer touches. The staff, all of them, especially the lady on reception called Abbie I believe were courtesy and efficient and friendly. The rooms were good and our Spa treatment exceptional, along with tea for two served by a very lovely lady called Anne/Annie?
- The food choices and quality could have been better, Breakfast was below the standards I would usually expect from a quality hotel with very bad tea and coffee options.
- Breakfast good, staff great apart from the woman at the leisure club bar who told us kids did NOT eat free when two other members of staff told us they did, ended up having an a la carte meal which was delicious but was pricey. Swimming pool was perfect temperature, beautiful grounds.
- there was plenty of food but it was warm , it should be hot and fresh. the toast station was a joke. my single bed was to soft .i fell out of bed twice.. the room we had was great.
- Spa, swimming pool, allowed a dog, reception staff were very good.
- Good choice at breakfast. Staff were generally very attentive and friendly. Generally clean and comfortable surroundings. Bedroom was aesthetically pleasing and spacious.
- Dog friendly room was great and staff made the stay great
- Nice clean room, staff pleasant and helpful
- Very friendly helpful staff, particularly reception. Good food, but breakfast only really worth the price if you eat cooked breakfast. Spa was lovely, but obviously you pay extra for treatments.
- Tawney's bar outside was pleasant though food not the very best. Nice lounge and very comfortable beds and well thought out bathroom with excellent hot water.
- Ability to cater for very restrictive diets.
- Gym not open late enough. breakfast not open early enough.
- The location is great just very close to town and still very relaxing and quiet area. Having golf and spa sounds like a great treat
- Spa was great lovely and warm, rooms were big and bathrooms great.
Abbey Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Hopwood Park Services M42
Lickey Hills Country Park
Newman University - Birmingham
Frankley Services M5
Solihull College & University Centre Blossomfield Campus
University of Birmingham
East Midlands Airport
Winterbourne House and Garden
Bullring Shopping Center
Library of Birmingham
Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
Located south of Birmingham, The Abbey Hotel has convenient access many key business destinations including Birmingham NEC and The ICC. Guest can enjoy free parking and easy transport links, with Redditch train station only 2 miles away and located off junction 2 of the M42, Birmingham Airport is easy to access. The 99 large, modern bedrooms all have cotton bedding, private bathrooms and complimentary toiletries. Guest can enjoy meals at the contemporary Bramblings Restaurant, with its Sunday carvery, or sit and enjoy the view over the 18th hole from Tawny’s Bar and Terrace. The Abbey Health Club has an indoor heated pool, spa bath, sauna and steam room. There is also a choice of over 50 spa treatments and fully equipped air conditioned gym. The Abbey Golf Course is championship-standard par 72, 18-hole parkland course. Host to many corporate and county matches, including the Carlsberg Pro Am, the course includes matured trees and lakes. The hotel is just 9 miles from the popular Cadbury World, a short drive from Ragley Hall and the birthplace of William Shakespeare, Stratford upon Avon.